One World One language

Custom Search

Monday, August 16, 2010

Vertical Dipole Antenna
For Amateur Radio
VHF 2Mtr (144.000 to 146.000)
Construct your Vertical Dipole


Requirements :-

1) Copper or Aluminum Tube or solid Rod Or Telescopic Wipes
2) Mast PVC

        Hi friend I have homebrewed one vertical dipole for myself &Would like to share it with everyone , This project is very Cheap and easy to home brew with excellent result, I have make Use of telescopic wipes supplied along with Television set .Also These wipes are available in the market.




     Dipole is an antenna that can be made by a simple wire, with a center-fed driven element for transmitting or receiving radio frequency. These antennas are the simplest practical antennas.
The dipole can be mounted horizontal but then the Radiation Pattern will be Directional.


If the radials are North South then the Radiation pattern will be East West .
Vertically mounted Antenna will radiate in Omni direction.






















This is my vertical Dipole have installed at my QTH for 2 Mtr
As both the radials are in a vertical Position , so it’s radiating Omni directional , currently using with my ICOM F-310(25watt), Mast is 1” PVC pipe , Feed line I have used is LMR 400 to my Rig , (very low loss cable ) Even with QRP 100 Mille watts its possible to trigger MATHERAN Repeater distance is approx. 50 KM & MUMBAI repeater 23 KM away from My QTH in Vile Parle,


To calculate the length of the wipes the formula is

Length of the Wipe = 468 / FRQ In Mhz
Length of the Wipe = 468 / 145.000
Total Length of the Wipe = 3.22 Feet
Length of one arm is 3.22 / 2 = 1.6137 Feet or 19.32 Inches
I have used Telescope wipes as it is easy to tune the antenna, Once you perfectly tune the antenna , you even can use aluminum or copper tube of the same length for the radials,

 The SWR reading on 144.000 Mhz 1:1.2 (20 watt)

The SWR reading on 145.000 Mhz 1:1 (20 Watt)

The SWR reading on 146.000 Mhz 1:1 (20 Watt)

I am very much thankful to Team MARI  to give me this wonderful idea & support in this project,

HAPPY HAMMING

73…………
DE JAYESH (…- ..- ..--- .. …- …-)
Email :-vu2ivv@mari-hams.org.in  http://qrz.com/db/vu2ivv